Pace’s 24/7 Health & Safety vision is that of providing a safe and healthful workplace that supports positive health behaviors, facilitates opportunities to optimize individual health, organizational health, productivity and minimize risk and liability. In accordance with this philosophy and due to the overwhelming known and substantial health hazards resulting from exposure to tobacco, Pace has started a new tobacco program. It is a four phase plan. Phase one was the education meetings that were held at each division. The goal of these meetings was to educate everyone on the dangers of tobacco use. It’s not just about cancer, tobacco affects every system in your body. You may have noticed we are using the word tobacco and not smoking. Tobacco is the problem; both smoke and smokeless tobacco. We will continue to educate people on the dangers of all forms of tobacco through the website, the newsletter, and throughout Pace facilities.
Tobacco Cessation Program
For information, see local HR.
Tobacco Free Campus Policy
• Pace will expand the current smoking policy to become a Tobacco Free campus workplace. There will be no smoking, chewing, or use of any tobacco products within the facilities or on the property owned, rented, or leased by Pace Industries at any time.
• The Policy will be effective September 1, 2013
• Associates will be informed of this policy through signs posted throughout Pace facilities and vehicles, newsletters, inserts in pay envelopes, the policy manual, and/or orientation and training.
Pace Tobacco Surcharge (does not apply to any collective bargaining agreements)
• All Associates and Spouses covered under Pace health insurance will be required to fill out and turn in a Tobacco Use Certificate
• Tobacco Surcharge will be applied if you are on our medical insurance. The surcharge will be $20 per week per member.