Pace Industries Airo Division boasts of its impregnation services - a process that few die casters provide. Impregnation seals porosity in any metal casting that must be pressure tight. This treatment is applicable to iron, steel, copper, brass, bronze, aluminum and magnesium alloys. Quantities from one to several thousand pieces can be treated.
Castings used in pressure applications are usually pressure tested to determine if the casting leaks and therefore requires impregnation, or to verify that an impregnated casting has been sealed. Airo Division provides "air check" testing for low pressure applications and "hydrostatic" testing for high pressure applications. All pressure testing fixtures are designed and built in our own tool shop.
The Airo Division has installed a complete new chromating line with an overhead crane system. Chromating is a surface treatment given to die castings to increase their resistance to corrosion. This protective coating also acts as a primer or base for paint or dyes.
A considerable portion of our facility is allocated to machining and finishing. These secondary operations include trimming, deburring, vibratory finishing, milling, drilling, tapping, threading and polishing. In addition to providing customers with quality die cast products, we can also supply fully machined and assembled components, packaged according to customer requirements and specifications.
Our modern die casting machines, the core of our operation, work around the clock. These machines are capable of producing top quality castings - whether you need 100 or 100,000 parts. Our experienced operators provide hands-on control during the casting process.
Die Cast Equipment:
- 23 Die Cast Machines (600 to 1650 Ton)
- Oil Die Heaters
- Central Melt Furnace
- Trim Presses (20 to 32 ton)
- Spinner Hanger Blasting Machines
- Vibrating Machines (Ceramic stones and steel media)
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnating System (48" diameter autoclave)
- Chromate Conversion Line (RoHS compliant)
- Various Sanders
- Fully Automated Sanding / Polishing Cell
- Buffing Lathes
- Related Equipment
Wet Paint System:
- Enclosed Reversed Conveyor System to reduce contamination
- ITW Gema Electrostatic Spray System (specialized for waterborne liquid paints)
- Filtered IR Cure Oven
- CNC Machining Centers (with programmable controller)
- Custom-built Machining Centers
- Milling Machines
- Tapping Units
- 2 Fully Automated CNC Centers
- Various Drill Presses
- Band Saws
- Related Equipment
Powder Coating Equipment:
- Nordson Cyclonic Spray Booth
- Nordson Versa Spray Automatic Guns on oscillators
- Sure Coat Manual Touch Up Guns
- Nordson Batch Booth System (for small runs)
- 6-Stage Pre-treat System
- Gas-fired Convection Oven